Counts, of course that matters: if for example a couple looking for the baby for a long time, after months or even years of unnecessary research, targeted relationships, calculations, specialized investigations, etc. without feedback, is likely to undergo a stress that worsens the situation. Anxiety is a bad friend of the stork, even recent scientific studies have shown that 12% of stressed women have difficulty conceiving ; so we turn away fears, anxieties and negative thoughts and we look for something to relax, some course that relaxes body and mind or we try with homeopathy!
Smoking, alcohol and frenetic runs are therefore to be eliminated from our lifestyle, even a little sport and physical activity then, can help us, especially to prepare the body for an eventual desired pregnancy and to make us find at the top of the form . A woman under the age of 26 is 50% more likely to become pregnant than a woman over the age of 35 , and if the partner is over 30, the chances are still less than a 26-year-old woman or less with a partner of the same age or younger.
What to do if the child does not arrive
If, however, despite the research, the attention in our routine and the changes in habit, the baby bump is made to desire and this stalk is unpleasant seems that you do not want to stop nesting above our house here's how we can proceed
The first step to take when, after a certain period of unprotected complete relationships, there is no pregnancy, contact a specialist in gynecology, orrology or a specialized center; in fact, after a year and a half-two that the couple tries to have a child without results, we talk about infertility and we must investigate the causes.
The first examination for the woman will be the measurement of the basal temperature, to check if and when ovulation occurs, then it will be useful to do an ultrasound to study the uterus and its structure and genital and reproductive systems (bladder and ovaries), to check for fibroids or cysts. After this examination a hysterosalpingography will probably be prescribed to study the uterus and the tube "from the inside".
In some cases the specialist may decide to do other tests such as laparoscopy to check the state of the ovaries and the tubes and the external surface of the uterus, or to see if the tubes manage to catch the egg when ovulation occurs, and hysteroscopy to see if there are any deformations or obstacles in the walls that negatively affect fertility.
The partner will also have to carry out tests, the most important being the study of spermatozoa that studies spermatozoa, quantity and mobility ( spermiogramma ) and maybe even the spermiocoltura to look for infections and hormone tests. Both can be asked to perform the karyotype, which with a simple venous blood sample allows to know the whole chromosomal kit of the person and to become aware of any anomalies of which we are carriers or incompatibilities.
Sometimes it happens that despite everything and all the investigations and examinations we have done, the specialist can not find an explanation for which we can not conceive ; l 'unexplained infertility, so called and diagnosed by exclusion when, after the specialist investigations, everything appears normal, it causes strong stress for the couple.
Often in this case, especially when the research has been going on for a long time and the woman is more than 35 years to shorten the time and look for pregnancy in a short time, we undertake some ways
- AMENORREA: lack of menstruation, physiological in case of puberty, menopause or pregnancy or secondary if there are other factors that block menstruation, can be stress, illness, malnutrition etc.
- CONCEPTION: occurs immediately after ovulation and about 14 days before menstruation, the product of conception becomes visible as an embryo about 10 days after fertilization .
- STERILITY: we talk about infertility if after 1 and a half years of targeted relationships the couple can not conceive, the causes can be temporary and resolvable or permanent
- MESTRUAL CYCLE: it is the period between the beginning of menstruation and the following one, generally lasting about 28 days.
- OVULATION: the moment in which the mature ovule is expelled from the ovaries, giving away the most fertile days to conceive, takes place around the 14th day of the menstrual cycle but everything depends on the length of each woman's cycle, so the fertile period can go from 11th to 18th day.
- FERTILIES: if the cycle is regular, the fertile days are those between the 11th day and the 18th day of the menstrual cycle.
- BASIC TEMPERATURE: in the days before ovulation it is lower, oscillating between 36.3 ° -36.7 ° and after ovulation it reaches 37 °.
- FERTILIZATION: it is the fusion (through sexual intercourse) of the spermatozoon with the ovule (gametes), these give rise to a single cell, the zygote, or the fruit of conception
- ASSISTED FERTILIZATION: process in which the union of gametes is artificially carried out. It is homologous when the seed and the egg of the future parents couple are used, heterologous when the seed or the egg come from a donor external to the couple
- IVF: assisted procreation technique that involves in vitro fertilization with a succesful implant in the woman's uterus